Moving into your new home
Moving into your new home is a busy time. Here are some of the most important things you need to do.
- Take a reading of the gas and electric meters and set-up utility accounts.
- Register for your Council Tax
- Contact our gas engineer to have the gas turned on within 24 hours of occupation. You will need your utility accounts and credit on both meters to do this.
- Tell your bank or building society that you have moved.
- Arrange with the post office to redirect your post. There may be a charge for this.
We will arrange an appointment to visit you at home within the first 6 to 10 weeks of your tenancy.
- Check that you have settled in and are not having any difficulties
- Support you to resolve any outstanding repairs
- Check that you don’t have problems paying your rent
- Let you know ways in which you can become involved with how we manage your home; and
- Make you aware of our services.
- Ensure you understand the conditions of your tenancy
- Check that your contact details are correct
- Check that you are maintaining your home including any outside space