Standards for your new home
Our lettable home standard sets the level at which a property is ready to be let and the condition it should be in when you move in. Contact us to ask for a copy of the lettable home standard. Under the standard we must make sure that your home:
Safe and comfortable
- Provide you with copies of gas, electrical and energy performance certificates for your new property.
- Ensure all fire-resistant doors and fire prevention mechanisms are fully functioning and compliant with current regulations.
- Fit child-safety catches to all windows above the ground floor.
- Ensure all external doors and windows throughout your home are secure and fit their frames and function properly.
- Ensure locks are fitted to your external doors and at least two sets of keys are provided on the day of handover.
- Provide you with a functioning kitchen consisting of a minimum of double wall and double base unit, worktop and stainless-steel sink. Including space for a cooker and fridge.
- Ensure you either have an electric cooker panel or a gas cooker connection and the extractor fan will be clean and in good working order.
- Provide you with a bathroom that has a bath or shower, a wash handbasin and a toilet in good working condition.
- Replace any missing or damaged floor tiles in a colour or style to match existing as closely as possible, securing loose floorboards and replace damaged ones. If we have to replace the entire floor covering in the kitchen or bathroom we’ll do so using a slip resistant floor covering.
- The property is heated by radiators or by electric storage or panel heaters.
- A working smoke detector in the hall and on each floor and a heat and carbon monoxide sensor in the kitchen.
- Remove any belongings or rubbish left by the previous tenant.
- Clean your home thoroughly and ensure your home is pest free.
- Clear all rubbish left in gardens, garage and sheds.
- Cut grass to an acceptable height suitable for use.
Good state of repair
- Ensure all emergency and non-emergency priority repairs, as defined by our responsive repairs policy, identified during the works are remedied prior to you moving in.