How do I report an aid or adaptation to my home?

If you or someone in your family has a disability or illness, we may be able to support you with adapting your home.

We can help with adapting your home if, for example, you find it difficult to:

  • get in and out of your home
  • use the kitchen and bathroom
  • use taps, heating controls, window latches and door handles.

If you would benefit from an adaptation to your home, please contact your local authority and ask for an occupational therapist (OT) to carry out an assessment. The OT will assess and advise what necessary adaptations are needed to meet your functional needs. Any recommended adaptations will be sent to us to progress where appropriate and feasible. Please contact us if you would like support with making a referral for an OT assessment.


Typical minor adaptions include:

  • grab rails
  • external hand-rails
  • internal bannister rails
  • door entry systems
  • lever taps


Typical major adaptations include:

  • level access showers
  • over bath showers
  • accessible kitchens
  • stairlifts
  • platform wheelchair lifts
  • external ramps
  • ceiling track hoists
About Shepherds Bush Housing Group

About Shepherds Bush Housing Association

Part of The Guinness Partnership, we have more than 5000 homes, throughout nine boroughs in west London

Find out more About Us