What do I do about contents insurance?

Why do I need it?

We are not responsible for insuring the contents of your home (for example your furniture, belongings and other personal items) against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes, damp or mould and other household risks.

This includes any part of the home which falls under your responsibility, such as damage to paintwork or floor coverings.

Contents insurance protects your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for so you can decide if you need it.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Shepherds Bush Housing Group have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

My Home Contents Insurance can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.


Home Contents Insurance



How do I get further information?

  • Call us on 0800 9170839 (Freephone) or 020 8996 4200.
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.



About Shepherds Bush Housing Group

About Shepherds Bush Housing Association

Part of The Guinness Partnership, we have more than 5000 homes, throughout nine boroughs in west London

Find out more About Us