We must keep the structure and outside of your home in a reasonable state of repair and in proper working order. This includes:
• Drains, gutters, outside pipes and the roof
• Outside walls, outside doors, windowsills, window catches, sash cords and window frames, including any painting and decorating needed outside
• Inside walls, floors, ceilings, doorframes, but not painting and decorating inside apart from the communal spaces inside a block
• Chimneys, chimney stacks and flues, but not including chimney sweeping
• Front paths, steps or other access points we own
• Brick-built Garages and stores that are part of the property (but not sheds)
• Boundary walls and fences, but not those you share with neighbours.
We will also maintain any installations we have provided for supplying water, gas or electricity, and for heating, hot water and sanitation. This includes:
• Basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes, but not plugs, chains or toilet seats
• Electric wiring, including sockets and switches • Central-heating systems, gas and water pipes, water heaters, showers and storage heaters, fireplaces and fires we have fitted
We will take reasonable care to keep shared entrances, hallways, stairways, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other shared areas which are our responsibility, in reasonable repair.
We will insure the structure of your home (excluding any fixtures and fittings) and any shared areas.