What to expect from our repairs service?
Staff in our repairs service will:
- respect you and your home at all times;
- show you their identity cards;
- keep work tools and dangerous substances out of the reach of children;
- avoid making unnecessary visits to your home;
- show consideration to the needs of disabled and vulnerable tenants;
- not smoke, drink alcohol or play music in your home;
- not move your belongings without permission and without you being present;
- not use your belongings or facilities without your permission;
- make sure areas where work is carried out is left clean and tidy;
- use dustsheets where necessary;
- leave your home weatherproof, with all possible services left on, and warn you of any hazards; and
- tell you when the work is finished, remove all rubbish, and leave your home tidy.
What we expect from you?
We expect you to:
- be co-operative about making appointments and to give at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel an appointment;
- move your belongings out of the work area;
- keep everyone in the household away from the work area and from our tools;
- keep pets (especially dogs) in a separate room from the work area where possible
- move large items out of the way. For example when we are painting, remove all furniture from the area to be painted
- allow us to have reasonable use of your gas, electricity and water if necessary; and
- not smoke for at least an hour before you are expecting a visit from us or while we are in attendance.