What to do if you get a Rent Arrears Letter
If you fall into arrears, you will receive a rent arrears letter detailing:
- How much you owe.
- How many days you have to contact the Income Team before the next stage of the process is activated.
- The next stage in the rent arrears process.
- How to make a rent arrears agreement.
If you are in arrears, early intervention is vital to ensure your debt does not increase. The arrears letters SBHA send use the system below to let you know what stage you are in the income recovery process.
- Red – Urgent action is required
- Yellow – Immediate action
- Green – Low level rent arrears
Your rent account will need to be in credit before you are removed from the rent arrears process. Wherever you are in the income recovery process, contact the Income Team urgently by calling 0208 996 4200 or emailing Income.Team@sbhg.co.uk.