1) What does your role involve?
As Community Investment Manager, I manage our Best Chance programme (our employment support programme), our debt and welfare advice team and our resident engagement partner. My job is to ensure that all the teams are providing the best service for our residents and the wider community. I also lead on the social return on investment for the organisation. This involves calculating how much value we create for the local community.
2) What skills are required for the job?
Organisation skills, listening skills and communication skills are hugely important. Additionally, being a people person and enjoying data helps too.
3) What do you most enjoy about your role?
My role is so varied, every day can involve doing something different which I really enjoy. I’m also exceptionally lucky to have an amazing team who are fantastic at their jobs. It’s inspirational to see the difference they make to our customers lives.
4) What’s your favourite thing about working for the Shepherds Bush Housing Group?
The people, everyone is friendly and so supportive of each other.
5) Do you have any advice for aspiring Community Investment Managers?
Complete some volunteering work in your local community, join a board, listen to what your community wants.
6) What would the title of your autobiography be and why?
Always look on the bright side of life (pretty sure I couldn’t have that!) but I think of myself as quite positive and a glass half full type person!
7) If you were an ice cream flavour, which would you be and why?
Mint choc chip – refreshing, a bit cheeky and a classic. It’s the best ice cream flavour!
8) What is your go to karaoke song?
It depends who I am with, or more to the point who I am singing with. I do love a boyband megamix! My friends and I can do a mean FIVE megamix!
9) What are your favourite hobbies?
Hobbies – what are they – I have an 18month old boy! He is my hobby at the moment! I’m still figuring out the juggling act between me, him and work!
10) What is your favourite colour and why?
I have always loved blue. There are so many different shades that can work with all seasons and relate to our moods.