How is asbestos managed?
When asbestos is in good condition and not damaged it does not pose a risk to health. If asbestos is disturbed or damaged which leads to dust getting into the air there is a possible risk to health.
Do not tamper with or touch any asbestos material.
- You must allow us access to complete safety checks, failure to do so will result in SBHG taking legal action to gain access which you will be liable for court costs.
- You should not carry out any alterations to your home without seeking permission from us.
- Do not deliberately disturb asbestos that has been identified or presumed to be present.
- To have an Asbestos Survey and where necessary a Management Plan for each property.
- To take adequate precautions to prevent the release of asbestos fibres.
- To use licenced asbestos contractors and where necessary to notify the Health and Safety Executive of works
- To share the location of asbestos containing materials with our residents, our colleagues and our contractors
- To ensure all appropriate SBHG colleagues have annual Asbestos Awareness training