Home insurance FAQ's

1) I reported a liability claim this year for an incident that happened last year. Is this still covered?

Yes. Liabilities policies (public, products and employer’s liability) are on claims occurrence basis. Providing the incident happened when our liability insurance policy was still active, it will be covered by the insurer.


2) Will SBHG’s insurance company pay for the contents of my damages as result of flooding due to faulty pipe or another similar faulty similar household equipment?

Our insurance programme does not provide any cover for tenants contents and generally tenants should be advised to arrange their own cover. However, the SBHA liability insurance cover will provide SBHA with protection if the tenant is able to successfully demonstrate that we were negligent and legally liable to pay compensation