1) What does your role involve?
My role as the Customer Experience Manager involves overseeing our Customer Service function and reception area. I am responsible for ensuring our residents have a great experience when contacting us. I also look at ways to improve the service we offer and work with colleagues to collectively improve this.
2) What skills are required for the job?
Some of the skills needed are being empathetic, considerate, open-minded, agile and forward thinking. Being a people person also helps!
3) What do you most enjoy about your role?
I love working with people and making a difference to their day. I also love developing the team to reach their full potential.
4) What’s your favourite thing about working for the Shepherds Bush Housing Group?
The people and our values.
5) Do you have any advice for aspiring Customer Experience Managers?
Always speak from the resident/customer’s perspective!
6) What is your favourite quote and why?
“Normal is an illusion. What’s normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”
I love this quote as it’s often easy for people to only see things from their perspective. Context is everything.
7) What is your favourite song and why?
Oh, it really depends on my mood. I currently have Chronixx on repeat though
8) What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
Balut. I tried this when I worked in the Philippines. It’s a developing bird embryo (usually a duck) that is boiled and eaten from the shell. I’m a vegetarian now.
9) If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
I would keep Facebook as I used it to keep in touch with family at home, Outlook for emails and Skyscanner for booking flights.
10) Can you reveal a fun fact about yourself?
I was an Irish dancing champion when I was a young girl.