1) What does your role involve?
I am responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing Gas appliances for our lovely residents.
2) What skills are required for the job?
You need to have an eye for detail, be skilled at repairing things and have a good level of mathematical ability.
3) What do you most enjoy about your role?
I enjoy being part of the Gas team. They are such a supportive, helpful and funny bunch of people.
4) What’s your favourite thing about working for the Shepherds Bush Housing Group?
I really enjoy the social aspect of my job. I’m fortunate enough to meet wonderful people who lead interesting lives. Completing a repair is such a rewarding feeling!
5) Do you have any advice for aspiring Gas engineers
As this is a physical profession, be prepared to spend a large proportion of your time doing manual work mainly involving working with your hands. You will also need to be a practical thinker. Communication skills are required as a lot of time is spent dealing with the members of the public.
6) If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose and why?
Mr Rogers from Mister Rogers' Neighbourhood. What a wonderful man he was!
7) What is your favourite song and why?
‘Sitting on the dock of the bay’ by Otis Redding. It’s a beautiful song which transports me to an idyllic beach with clear blue water.
8) What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
I once ate a Century Egg. It was green, translucent and tasted like urine. I gagged a lot!
9) Can you reveal a fun fact about yourself?
I used to have a large collection of Lego, mainly Star Wars Lego. I gave a lot away when I moved home. I really miss it, especially the Millennium Falcon Starship!
10) What is your favourite film and why?
‘Battle Royale’ by Kinji Fukasaku's. In my opinion, it’s the best movie ever made.