Back to the list

Can I get help with my rent?

If you are on a low income or receiving benefits, you might be entitled to claim housing benefit to help you with your rent. You can get help filling in the form from your Neighbourhood action team officer or at the local council office.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your claim for housing benefit is processed quickly and you can help the process by making sure you have all the information that the council needs such as a copy of your tenancy agreement and proof of your income. 

  1. Rent and service charge