Exchanging your home

We support you if you want to exchange your home with another social housing resident.

If you hold an assured, secure or fixed term tenancy with us you can exchange with any of the following residents:

» Another resident who lives in one of our homes;

» A resident of another housing association; and

» A resident who lives in a local authority home.

How do I find someone to swap with?

There are a number of national exchange systems in the UK. We are signed up with Homeswapper and Exchangelocata. Both services are free of charge for SBHA tenants and you can start looking for matches as soon as you have registered.

If you need help registering on Homeswapper or Exchangelocata, you can visit us so a housing advisor can help.

I've found an exchange partner, what next?

Have you found an exchange partner? Here's what to do next.

Homeswapper problem

Homeswapper have changed their website. This has resulted in some technical problems. Homeswapper are resolving this. In the meantime contact us on 020 8996 4200/08009170839 for advice.